Anna Edgerton for The Miami Herald:
Eddie Archbold ate so many live roaches he had to cover his mouth with his hand to keep them from crawling out. He swallowed the three-inch insects faster than he could chew, trying to down as many as possible in four minutes to win a pet python in a most unusual eating contest.
Over the course of the night, Archbold ate more than 60 grams of meal worms, 35 three-inch-long “super worms” and part of a bucket full of discoid roaches. He started vomiting after the last contest and collapsed outside the store.
Dr. Bill Kern, a professor of entomology at the University of Florida, said it could have been an allergic reaction to so much foreign protein that killed Archbold.
Colin: I KNOW WHY HE DIED HE ATE A BUNCH OF GODDAMN BUGS